Cheney will bowl in the Bishop Carroll Regional at West Acres, on February 26 in the afternoon. Schedule is here. The State qualifying procedures will be different this year, as outlined below by the KSHSAA.
This season, as a result of COVID-19, we have put in place a new format for the regional tournaments in order to provide the safest environment possible. Each site will have a co-ed morning and co-ed afternoon session with both gendered teams from a school bowling side-by-side.
- In class 5-1A, the top team in each gender at each tournament site will automatically advance to the state tournament on Thursday, March 4. Those teams will be identified on the KSHSAA Bowling website as soon as the results are sent by the manager to the KSHSAA.
- Other state qualifiers include:
- The 3 best scores of the 2nd place teams at the 7 tournament sites will advance to the state tournament.
- The top 4 individuals that are not members of a qualifying team.
- WE CANNOT IDENTIFY THE 3 BEST 2ND PLACE TEAMS & THE INDIVIDUAL QUALIFIERS UNTIL ALL TOURNAMENTS HAVE CONCLUDED (Friday, 2/26).
- AS SOON AS ALL RESULTS ARE RECEIVED AT THE KSHSAA LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON, THE REMAINING STATE QUALIFIERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED/POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE.
- ALL 5-1A COACHES & AD’S WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A LINK TO THESE ON-LINE RESULTS.